Friday, March 14, 2014

life

Life is going by...fast and then slow and then fast...

We've traveled, we've had visits with relatives, we've baked, we've done school (and not done school with a billion snow days), and in between the here and there we think about the little life that will soon join our family.  Soon, like in about 3 and half weeks!  People ask me if I feel ready.  I'm not really sure how to answer that sometimes...I guess so, not really, I don't know...

There is probably more than this, but I wanted to make note of a few recent happenings in no particular order...

I went to TX back in February for a weekend to see my dear friend, Audrey, and to also attend a Mom Heart Conference.  It was a refreshing weekend and I'm thankful my family gave me the opportunity to go.  I still have so much to learn about being a mom, but I think the main thing I look away from the conference is to keep on keeping on, don't get down on myself, and enjoy the little things.  Also, "you can't give what you don't have," staying in God's Word is essential!  Audrey and I then had an extra day to spend together when the conference was over and it was just so refreshing to sit an chat with this friend I have known since the 9th grade, who I don't get to see except for maybe once a year, and who is still one of my dearest friends that I can laugh, and cry, and share life with like we live next door.  I am sincerely thankful for her friendship.


A few friends of mine are having babies as well in the coming months.  I've had the opportunity to celebrate with a few of them.  My friend, May, who is Japanese is having her first girl.  Several of my Japanese friends threw her and I an American baby shower, something they don't have in Japan.  It's always fun sharing with them the difference between Japanese and American traditions.  They were telling me how in Japan after you have a baby your family/friends give you money and then you can buy things for the baby, instead of having a baby shower before the baby is born.  I told them I definitely like that Japanese tradition.:)


And then there is my friend Mandy who is having her first baby (boy).  We took this picture at a baby shower for her recently.  Too cute...(I'm on the right)

 
Then there are these two girls who are growing up way too fast.  We were super proud of Isabel who received a student of the month award for her 1st grade class!  Here we are celebrating with ice cream after she received her award.  We're going to register Ana for kindergarten in a few weeks.  She continues to be my little helper at home and is always right by my side most of the time helping with this and that.   


And then there is this child, who quite frankly is SO independent!  She does and says the funniest things and knows how to push your buttons just right.  Don't let her "Mommy's little angel" shirt deceive you.  My friend called her a "package" the other day and she is truly that!  Our sweet little Klara Jane package!  


And lastly, my love and I when we attended a Married Couples Dinner/Dance our church had back in February!  Other than God's Word, he helps keep me sane most of the time!  He has been such a servant to me and the girls, especially during the times I haven't felt well or am exhausted because of this pregnancy.  I still have such a crush on him! 


Not quite sure when my next blog update will be, but maybe it will include a new baby girl!:)  YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment