Saturday, January 12, 2013

New Look, Same Me

Well, here's the new look, but it's the same me.  I'm excited to catch up on blogging and have this be a source for our families memories and happenings.

So let's start with a look back on December.

I remember December starting and thinking, How is it December?  Here's some bullet point happenings...
  • It started out by celebrating my dear friends birthday.  I can't say enough about how thankful I am for her and am blessed to have been able to celebrate yet another year with her.  
  • The girls went to a friends 5th birthday party.  They got to go to a salon and get their hair, nails, and make-up done.  It was really cute.  Both the girls looked so cute.  I especially liked the "bow" they put in Isabel's hair.  
  • One day, Lee had a migraine and I was feeling a little under the weather and Isabel left this note right outside our room.  So sweet. 
  •  We all got haircuts.  Every last one of us.  It was Isabel's first time getting her hair washed in the salon sink and Klara's first haircut ever.  The lollipops kept everyone happy:)   
 
  • We also attended Andrew Peterson's Behold the Lamb of God concert, which is always a great way to start off the Christmas season.  If you ever get the chance, go.    
  • I got selected as one of the two chaperones to go on Isabel's class field trip to a Christmas play downtown in the Taft theatre.  It was called Santa's Workshop and was put on by the Cincinnati Children's Theatre.  The play was very well done and it was really fun to go along and meet some of the friends she often talks about.  The kids were told to dress up so that was fun too.  One of my proudest moments is when Isabel looked at me and said, "Mom, this isn't what Christmas is about.  It's about Jesus."
  • We helped Lee and others from church with various decorations there.  A friend took this picture and it's one of my favorites.  Reminds me of someone I know... 
  • Lee was crazy busy with putting the finishing touches on his role in getting our new church campus started, Grace Fellowship Newport.  
  •  We had our small group annual White Elephant exchange.  The kiddos had their own exchange as was fun for them.  Also good to visit with friends who have since moved to Albania.  
  • We made gingerbread cookies with friends. 
  •  I bought this yellow coat.  I love it.  Lee calls it my shrimp boat coat.
  •  And then we left for an amazing Christmas adventure to California.  Which will have to be in another post(s) because there's just too much to say about it right now.  Here's a brief picture teaser.
  •  We came home from CA and the girls were thrilled there was SNOW!  Which of course had to include a fun afternoon of sledding.  We soon realized it was Klara's first snow, because we never got snow last year, not even when we were up in MI.  And yea, she still has her paci:)
 
 

  • We celebrated my amazing hubby's b-day along with our good friend Jesse's b-day.   
 With that being said.  That's December in a nut shell.  

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! You started a new blog! I've missed it. :)

    And for the record, I love your new yellow coat too!

    ReplyDelete