It's hard to believe this time last year I started my training for my very first half-marathon, the Cincinnati flying pig. What a journey it was. The training, working up to long runs, learning things I never thought I'd ever learn about running. Praise God I never lost a toenail. I might have been permanently scared of running. I'm not that hardcore. I also decided I didn't want to do the run for myself. I wanted to do it to help something for the Kingdom and so I worked on raising support for my brother-in-law and sister-in-law, and the journey they were starting as they hoped to work with World Concern in Haiti.
Well, I always thinks it's good to follow-up on something when there is good news. And the good news, I can now say Austin and Martha are now in Haiti, doing what they only dreamed about just a year ago. They moved there the middle of January, and it wasn't without all the supporters that helped me raise funds for them in my R'Ace for Haiti. We are really excited for them and what God has for them in the next two years. And maybe one day we'll get to visit them there ourselves and see the work God is doing there.
Thanks again to all of you who supported them and the encouragement you gave me in my race.

No comments:
Post a Comment