Tuesday, February 5, 2013

January...it's come and gone...

So I was hoping I would have more time to blog in January, but January kind of seemed like a catch up month.  Actually, the first week it didn't even seem like the new year.  I told Lee I officially start my New Year the second week of January.  That's ok right?  I had two resolutions.  One, to read through the New Testament, and two, to eat better/healthier breakfast.  It's February, and both these have gone well.

So January has come and gone.  I'll try to do a quick recap.  We had a lot of lazy days.  We had days that were 65 degrees and days that were 5 degrees.  That's KY weather for you.  We had a day off from school and few additional snow days.
Our first snow day...

Our second snow day.  There wasn't much snow, but Isabel was bound and determined to make a snowman.  This picture makes it look bigger than it actually was.  I say she did a pretty good job though.

Lee and I branched out and went on a date to Fountain Square and went ice skating.  It was fun, but it was COLD the night we went.  After a few times around the rink, we were like...okay, that was fun:)  But we went around a few more times cause we had paid to do it:)  People that know me know I don't really like cold.  I'm more of a, stay inside and hibernate kind of girl.  I'm not exactly sure how I survived growing up in MI.  I do enjoy winter activities though (sledding, ice-skating, skiing), but I'll have on my long john's, wool socks, and thermal heat pouches in my pockets.
We both think it kind of looks like we cropped ourselves into this picture:)
We also celebrated my friend Marty having her baby boy, Ben.  He's a cutie!
Marty and I a day or two before Ben was born
Klara Jane guarding Ben when I watched him for a few hours one day.  Believe me all I heard ALL day long was, "baby, baby, baby, baby, baby."
Speaking of Klara, she is getting to be SUCH a big girl.  It seems like she went from baby to toddler overnight.  She is saying LOTS of words, and one of her favorite things is her new fish nightlight she has in her room.  She gets SO excited when it comes on every night. 
Not to mention she's pretty good with technology...
 And then she does silly stuff like this...
One cold evening, we went over to my parents house and played some ping pong.  I may, just may have beat my dad every game and beat Lee 3 out of 4 games...I'm just saying though...it may have happened!  Yea, I got pretty good at ping pong growing up.  My brothers would hit the ball at me as hard as they could until I learned how to hit to back.  I would often beat the boys at camp.  They never saw it coming from little o' me.  Here's Isabel.  We play with her if she hits the ball, at all, she gets a point:)  
And lastly, I wanted to post this picture because I just thought it was so cool.  We have a sweet lady in our small group who is so talented and she made this snack for our group one night.  It's cookies that have scriptures written on them, and the whole thing is edible!  Very cool!  The scriptures she put on them were all about the subject we were discussing that night.  So creative! 

No comments:

Post a Comment