So a lot has happened the last couple of weeks, including a whirlwind trip to TX to visit our dear family for spring break, but before I blog about that I wanted give a quick update on Klara.
She was able to get her cast off this past Monday. She only had to wear it for two weeks. Thankfully, little ones heal quickly. The x-ray at that appointment showed her fracture was in her knee area, I'm not sure of the correct medical term, so I'm glad they put her cast up over her knee, even though it was a little more inconvenient.
She still moves around/acts like she has her cast on. She scoots on her bottom to get around. She will stand now and "cruise" along furniture, but walks on her tiptoes and not flat footed. I guess that is a common thing for awhile, at least what I've heard from a few people. She won't walk on her own yet, which is a little hard to watch, mainly cause it's just "not her." Prior to her injury she was a busy body always on the go and that was Klara. Seeing her sitting and struggling to walk makes this momma sad for her. Sometimes she stands and then will say, "boo, boo," in this pathetic voice and I know she wants to do more than she physically can right now. I know she'll be that busy little girl again soon though.
Anyway, what she is SOO extremely happy about is that she can take a bath. It was like TORTURE for her not having a real bath. So the first thing we did after she got it off was come home and give her a bath, which was also a good idea because I'm pretty sure she had TX mud stuck between her toes.
Thank you if you prayed for her! We really appreciate it!
No comments:
Post a Comment