For spring break we decided to take a road trip to visit our dear friends/family in TX...and we drove...18 hours there, 18+ hours back (we got in a traffic jam on the way back). Was it worth it...YES! We had such a great time! Our kids play well together, we love hanging out together, it's a good combo...and they are the kind of friends that aren't afraid of having 7 kids (under the age of 7) in the same house for a week.
We went to parks (a lot of parks), we had donuts (a lot of donuts), we jumped on the trampoline (ok, the kids did...lots though), we did touristy stuff (a little bit) and just talked and laughed and stayed up way too late. We were like, okay we have to stop pretending we are still in our 20s and go to bed, because the kids are going to be up at the crack of dawn ready to play...which they were. However, we still stayed up late every night.
We got to go out on a double date one night. We put all the kids to bed and had a sitter come over. We had a fun evening eating out at Chuy's and then had a friendly game of bowling. I may be better at ping pong, but Lee's got me beat in bowling.
I'm now addicted to Mango Tea and tres leches (a delicious Mexican cake), I just might have to learn how to make it.
I personally wish we didn't live 18+ hours away from each other, because we love their family so very much, but I guess it makes the time with them when we are together that much sweeter.
Just a few highlights...





No comments:
Post a Comment