Saturday we were at church doing some last minute things to prepare for the Easter service. The kids were doing what they always do, just hanging out while we did this and that. Halfway during my "Nooo," Klara Jane stepped off a platform. I quickly picked her up. Her cries seemed a little harder than normal and she just wanted to cuddle. I thought, like many toddler falls, she fell she'll be ok. But as the minutes went on she didn't want me to put her down. I tried and she wouldn't put any weight on her right leg, and would cry hard. Lee had gone off to do some other things thinking she had calmed down, but then I knew I needed to go find him and tell him I thought we really needed to go get it checked out. I really am thankful to the Lord because I felt like through it all he gave me a calm and Lee too even after I told him.
We saw a Dr. and got a temporary splint on to get us through the weekend. Today, we saw the Dr. again and Klara has what is called a Toddler fracture. It's often not seen on an x-ray at first, but is known by the symptoms. She has on a cute pink cast and am thankful she was a gem while the nurse put it on. We are thankful for a great Dr., encouraging friends, and looking to see what the Lord wants us to learn through this all.
Even though the Dr. said she can crawl or stand if she wants with the cast on, she hasn't gotten the hang of that yet. It makes life a bit more tricky having to move her from one sitting position to another, but we'll just take one day at a time. And it's kind of weird to see my active little girl who NEVER stops moving just sitting around. Even though she can't move, her mouth moves just as much...ha!:) And we hear, "boo, boo...boo, boo," A LOT!:)
Our Klara Jane with her pink cast...

No comments:
Post a Comment