Thursday, September 19, 2013

When God uses your frustrations

A few weeks ago now a dear neighbor said, "hey, I just had a leak in my water line and I see water in front of your driveway.  You might want to check and see if you have a leak."  This kind neighbor was looking out for us.  I can't say how much I appreciate that.  So sure enough, we have a leak...somewhere...as to where???  (and so the story continues)

We had the water company come out and say, "yep, you do have leak.  Your meter is running when your water is shut off."  So we called the plumber, they came out and basically told us we need to have this other company come who's job is to find leaks.  In short, they came, told us where they thought the leak was, and went on their merry way.  So we started to dig, and dig, and dig.  And just for those that know that are not from around where we live.  The dirt here is like clay.  It is hard.  It is NOT easy to dig.  We have a dear friend Joel who has come down multiple times to help Lee.  Our small group leader, Barry, just stopped by one night to see if we needed help.  We have been blessed.  So after ALL this digging, when we felt like we practically dug to China, where the leak supposedly was...there is NO leak to be found.  Again NO leak!....but...it has to be somewhere because our meter is still running....

I don't write this post to complain or even vent my frustrations, because I do have some (I'm human).  I am writing it because I want to remember how God has used our frustrations in so many good ways.  First, we have been served.  I just feel so blessed.  And it makes me want to be a better servant.

Second, we have met SO many neighbors that we never have met before.  I would say "hi" as people walk and then they start to chat and everyone has a story.  Without a simple "hello" I truly believe they would just keep walking by, but instead they stop, and talk about their own homeowner problems, and we meet a new face.  Some just stop by and say, "what is going on?" but it strikes up a conversation.  It's been good.

So the digging will commence and we just might make it to China.  We are praying we can resolve things soon, but in the mean time we will hope God continues to use our frustrations, like He seemingly always does!  

No comments:

Post a Comment