Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Milestones

Phew...one littlest sister potty trained and one oldest sister losing her first tooth!  Milestones seem to be happening here more and more often! 

So I declare my littlest bug, Klara Jane, is a stubborn one.  She only does what she wants, when she wants to.  So I was a little hesitant about potty training, and after the second day I was contemplating giving up (it probably didn't help it was a busy day and we were running here and there), even though really she had done fairly well.  But by day 3, she had it down.  Praise God!  So for 6 and half more months, we'll be diaper free:)  WOO HOO! 

(I will spare you a picture of Klara sitting on the potty):)  

Isabel has had 3 very loose teeth on her bottom, and actually her two adult teeth were already coming in behind her baby teeth.  I didn't even know that was possible, but it is.  The dentist said they really need to come out soon or they are going to affect her adult teeth.  A few days ago we thought one was SO close to coming out.  We tried pulling, we tried string, but I guess it just wasn't ready.  She was really excited about it.  Tonight at dinner she took a bite into her hamburger and let out a, "OW!"  I could tell her tooth was bleeding just a bit.  I told her we needed to try and pull it out (this was a different tooth than we tried before).  Her attitude was not like the few days before, she was verging on hysterical.  I'm pretty sure she has her daddy's genes when it comes to pain, hospitals, blood, etc.  After some encouraging and a bit of stern, "You need to calm down!  It's going to be ok," I finally got a string around her tooth and with a slight tug, out it came!  PRAISE THE LORD! 
I know it's kind of close up, but you couldn't really see it otherwise:)
It seems silly to stress over these little things in life, but I guess they are what make up our life at this time in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment