Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Fall Break

We took a camping trip this fall break.  Which, did you know, you pretty much have to pack up your whole house when you go camping?  There is SO much stuff to bring!  Especially with kids.  Anyhow, it was worth it!  I must admit, when we got home I was SOOO very tired, but I know the kids had fun, made memories, got away from the norm of life, electronics, and enjoyed God's beautiful outdoor creation.  There is just something refreshing about being in the great outdoors.  

We invited some friends along, who we always enjoy their company.  The kids rode bikes around the campground, called themselves the Musketeers, and I think had a fun time all around. 

Where did we go?  Madison, IN.  It's our getaway place.  It's quaint.  Reminds me of my hometown, and I just enjoy being there.  We didn't get to browse the little shops this time around, but did get to enjoy a favorite diner of ours, The Downtowner.  Yum!  It's just plain ol' good. 

The worst part of camping when you're pregnant...it is guaranteed you will have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.  There was also this huge walnut tree on our site and it must have been harvest time because all the pods were falling off the tree.  We joked if one of the kids got hit, which they never did (but came close), then they had it coming.

Klara cried as we packed up the tent, "tent broken."  I guess that means she had a good time.  Yea, it was a good time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment