I would say we had 3 major events happen in June.
1.
We redid (by ourselves) our kitchen floor and entry landing. We used a
porcelain tile that looks like hardwood floors. It was a lot of work
and our dining room was in our living room for several weeks, but we are
very happy with the results! It wasn't really hard to do, there are
just a lot of steps to tiling and it takes time. With 3 young children
we worked late at night, when friends or family offered to watch our
kids, and when others offered to help us. I actually like that kind of
work. My dad always had me helping with construction projects, wood
working projects, etc. It's something I enjoy but don't necessarily
have the time to do it. I also love working with Lee like that. We
make a good team, mistakes and all...but only we know what those are:)
2.
We had my 13 year-old nephew, Joshua David, come visit us for 3 weeks
from California. It would be an understatement to say my kids adore
him...they ADORE him! They loved having him around! Although he didn't
sleep at our house, he was at my parents, we saw him often and enjoyed
our time with him. We took him camping one weekend and the boy got
hooked on fishing! It was fun having him around! Come visit again
Josh!
3. We volunteered for VBS! Man, was that an
exhausting week! I mean exhausting! I helped lead the opening and
closing assemblies, along with the music! I also helped lead this
year's missions project, which was to raise enough money (in coins,
mostly pennies) for 500 diapers for our local pregnancy care center.
The first day we raised enough money for 42 diapers. I thought to
myself, Lord did I make my goal too high, are these kids going to be
disappointed? Well, God had other plans in mind (doesn't He always).
By the end of the week, the kids brought enough money to buy over 15,000
diapers! The pregnancy center said that would last them almost an
entire year! Not only did we meet the goal, but tripled it!..."But
God!"
So as you can see June was busy as well, but it
lead into some exciting time and fun memories that we made in
July...(coming soon)



No comments:
Post a Comment