We knew when sending Isabel to public school we would come across teaching that did not line up with our Biblical beliefs. However, we decided when things did come up we would discuss them and learn from them. Today was one of those moments when reading her reader about Dinosaurs, it talked about the dinosaurs of course being millions of years old. We got to discuss why we as Christians don't believe that and talk about what the world believes, and why. It was a really good discussion.
In that same reader was a vocabulary word she was suppose to "hunt" for. The word was "enemy." I asked her first if she knew what that meant. I assumed she would say something like, "The dinosaurs had enemies or predators." To my surprise, she said yes. She went on to explain how in the Bible the Israelites & Philistines were enemies. It was really cool how our discussions both times were brought back to the Bible and what God's Word says.
Back in October (it seems so long a go) the ministry I work for hosted it's first ever conference, called the Hope Conference. It had really great apologetic teaching and I still feel blessed to be part of an
amazing ministry that wants to share the Hope of Jesus Christ. In conjunction with the conference there was also a special kids program. It was GREAT! If you are ever looking for a great kids program to go along with your conference, contact
J & Y ministries! My girls got to attend and they loved it. They teach the kids all about creation from a Biblical perspective, and make is SO fun for kids with games, puppet shows, and balloon animals. She brought up some of the things she had learned there in our discussion tonight about fossils. It was really pretty cool.
 |
| Props to my husband who created the awesome stage design for the Hope Conference |
 |
| J & Y kids program |
Today her school also celebrated Veterans Day. The kids could invite family members who were Veterans to represent them at the celebration. Isabel invited my dad, who served in the Navy for 11 years. It was really a special ceremony! They honored the veterans, had some kids recite poems, and we even sang "God bless America."
 |
| Papa & Isabel |
 |
| A special moment when all the active duty & veterans saluted the students |
I'm thankful for Isabel's school and the things she is learning there. I'm thankful for the Biblical truths we can hold on to. And because of our many veterans, I'm thankful for the freedom we have in this country (unlike many).
No comments:
Post a Comment