Thursday, November 7, 2013

Fall Traditions

We have a few what I'd call family traditions we do every fall, or at least try to.

1.  Going to some type of pumpkin patch.  It's not the same patch every year, but we try to embrace the fall season and all the pumpkin patch has to offer - pumpkins, animals, face painting, corn mazes, fire pits, etc.  This year we went to one not too far away.  As always it was a fun adventure the girls loved!  Add in some friends and it makes for a wonderful day!
 

2.  Annual small group pumpkin carving contest.  This is such a fun tradition.  I'm not even sure how it really started.  I remember the first year it was just a small group of us that got together to carve them.  From that it's grown to a fun event.  Lots of creativity is put into it each year and it's always a fun time. 
 
 

We had a special bonus treat this fall when we got to take the girls to Disney on Ice for FREE!  A dear friend of ours had given us three tickets.  Lee was planning to take the two older girls for a special daddy/daughter date.  Then, come to find out I WON tickets from the girls dentist's office!  WOW!  So our entire family got to go and we brought a few friends along (aka birthday girl friend)!  What a treat!  I was so glad Klara got to go, even though she won't remember it.  She LOVES Minnie Mouse and it was SO fun watching her in awe as she saw all of the different characters.  She clapped to the music and danced along too.  The other girls of course loved it too.  Our girls dressed up like princesses, except for Klara who insisted on being a ladybug.  This probably won't become a tradition, but definitely a memory we can enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment