Friday, November 29, 2013

The Peace of Black Friday

Our Black Friday was exceptionally peaceful!  We avoided the chaos and spent the time at home with our family decorating for the Christmas season.  It seemed especially special (can I say that?) because last year we didn't do much because we were traveling, including not getting a Christmas tree.  So today we spent time "enjoying the moment" I guess you could say.  No long lines, no stress, no going into debt, just good ol' fashioned family time.  And please don't get me wrong, if you went I do not judge.  I have gone before and have done the whole shopping/waiting in line thing.  I guess this year especially, every time I find myself wanting (I wish we could have this or that), I start thinking of those in the Philippines.  Those who are now on their 3rd or 4th week of canned food and sardines, who are rebuilding their homes, and just want to drink fresh water.  Everything after that seems a little less unneeded.  So here's our start to this Christmas season!  May yours be filled with Peace (not the skipping out on Black Friday kind of peace), but the Peace of a baby boy in a manger - who died for sinners like you and like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment